According to the Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, Carlie Geary, 8, and Chyenne Williams, 5, were taken by their non-custodial parent, Ellen Maples, 31, from their home on Grasyon Springs Road on Sept. 10.
The girls were last seen in a dark gray or dark green 2003 Chrysler Town and Country. They were considered to be in danger due to Maple’s mental health and history of physical abuse and neglect.
They were found uninjured in a van in Grundy County, Tennessee on Sunday.
They have been taken to a safe place where they will wait for Kentucky social workers to pick them up and transport them back home.
Police say Maples resisted arrest and had to be tased multiple times. She was taken into custody and lodged in the Grundy County Detention Center.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- ‘I am woman’ singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Clouds, wind, and rain; cooler air pushes in tomorrow
- From ‘Will you shut up man?’ to ‘Everyone knows he’s a liar,’ first presidential debate goes off the rails
- Hillary Clinton responds to ‘would you shut up, man’ moment at presidential debate
- Missing: Treasure Springer