RAVENNA, Ohio (WJW) — A 14-year-old girl who had been missing seen since Thursday was found in Pennsylvania Saturday afternoon.
According to a press release, Cara Stefan left her home in Ravenna sometime during the night Thursday. She was believed to be with Eduardo Guerrero, 21, who was a wanted fugitive.
Guerrero was on bond with Portage County for unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, importuning, and possession of criminal tools when he was believed to have left with Stefan.
The U.S. Marshals Service reports that Stefan and Guerrero were located in West Middlesex, Pennsylvania Saturday.
Guerrero will be held in the Mercer County jail until he can be extradited back to Portage County to face his pending case.
Additionally, authorities will be investigating whether Guerrero violated federal law.
“The reason we created the Missing Child Unit in Northern Ohio after Operation Safety Net concluded, was to continue to bring our most at-risk missing children home safely,” U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott said in a press release. “Our newly formed Missing Child Unit with investigate any violations of federal law by Guerrero.”
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Here are the COVID vaccination sites in Ohio
- Cleveland Teachers Union, CMSD at odds regarding timeline to return to school buildings
- Video: Staffers, nurses join in as final hospital patient at COVID-19 facility goes home ‘Happy’
- Lifting mandates: Ohio not expected to reach COVID-19 goal in next few weeks
- 2 pups in rough shape arrive at Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter, now looking for foster homes to heal in