CLEVELAND (WJW)– Cleveland musician Michael Stanley collaborated with the Contemporary Youth Orchestra for his new song “Another New Year’s Eve.”
The video premiered during FOX 8 News at 6 p.m. on Friday. It combines 70 orchestra members performing individually in their homes.
“CYO is an amazing organization, providing a unique opportunity for students in NEO to perform at a very high-level, often with other professional musicians,” Stanley said.
“Since the COVID situation made it impossible for us to even consider a collaborative performance together as part of their annual fundraising concert, I was delighted to work with the students on this socially-distanced recording of one of my favorite songs written with my longtime friend and bandmate Bob Pelander.”
The video also serves another purpose. It’s a fundraising effort for the Contemporary Youth Orchestra, which is in its 26th season and depends heavily on scholarships.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- New video: Moments before deadly wrong-way crash on I-90
- Giuliani ‘hijacked’ lives of two Georgia election workers, lawyer argues
- 6-story building partially collapses in the Bronx: FDNY
- Dramatic Texas case underscores minefields for courts on abortion
- Inmate found dead in prison, heart missing when body was returned to family: Lawsuit