CLEVELAND (WJW) — Members of the Ohio National Guard’s 1st Battalion, 145th Armored Regiment, have returned home from deployment.
They spent the last year in the Middle East in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
“During the deployment, the Soldiers were part of the 30th Armored Brigade Combat
Team, comprising 4,200 National Guard members from four states: Ohio, West Virginia,
North Carolina, and South Carolina,” the Ohio Adjutant General’s Department said.
The regiment is flying back in smaller groups at different times. There currently is no public welcome home ceremony planned.
The latest group arrived at the International Exposition Center on Friday where they were reunited with their families.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Man taken to hospital for gunshot wound after being carjacked, Cleveland police report
- Omicron COVID variant spreads to more European countries as world on alert
- Winterfest tree lighting ceremony brightens up downtown Cleveland
- Ohio Vax-2-School scholarship program’s second deadline is Sunday
- Spoiled generation: 4 in 5 parents say children aren’t thankful for what they have