CLEVELAND (WJW) — Members of the Ohio National Guard’s 1st Battalion, 145th Armored Regiment, have returned home from deployment.
They spent the last year in the Middle East in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
“During the deployment, the Soldiers were part of the 30th Armored Brigade Combat
Team, comprising 4,200 National Guard members from four states: Ohio, West Virginia,
North Carolina, and South Carolina,” the Ohio Adjutant General’s Department said.
The regiment is flying back in smaller groups at different times. There currently is no public welcome home ceremony planned.
The latest group arrived at the International Exposition Center on Friday where they were reunited with their families.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine to hold coronavirus news conference
- Health panel proposes colon cancer tests start at 45, not 50
- Kenny’s celebrating the ‘Best of Cleveland’
- 98 arrested, three missing children found in month-long ‘Operation Double Impact’
- 2021 income tax brackets released: Where do you stand?