HINCKLEY, Ohio (WJW) — The 31st Meadows Turkey Bowl and the nation’s largest backyard football game was held Thursday with COVID-19 precautions.
It was started by Mike Meadows, and in the last 15 years it has turned into a fundraiser.
One hundred percent of the proceeds go to St. Vincent de Paul specifically to families battling cancer.
This year’s game was dedicated to his son, who was diagnosed with brain cancer in January.
Meadows said since they began fundraising, they have raised $2.3 million.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Biden reverses Trump ban on transgender people in military
- Live: White House holds briefing as Biden plans to boost US manufacturers
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments
- California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
- Juvenile arrested in killings of 5, including pregnant woman