MAYFIELD, Ohio (WJW) — Two Mayfield High School football players have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the district, and that has led to the suspension of the season until further notice.
According to a press release, the two players tested positive following results from diagnostic nasal testing.
In the release, the district said, “Per the recommendation of the Cuyahoga County Board of Health, the Mayfield football season for Freshmen, Junior Varsity and Varsity teams has been suspended from play and practice, until further notice.“
Mayfield’s athletic director will communicate with football players and their families with any additional information.
This news comes a day after it was announced that eight volleyball players at Mayfield High School tested positive for coronavirus. (More on that in the video, above.)
READ MORE HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM, BELOW:
- Newsfeed Now: Final preparations for Inauguration Day, Saints fans discuss possible Drew Brees retirement
- 100-year-old Ohio woman receives coronavirus vaccine to a round of applause
- Legal team of Joe Exotic ‘confident’ in Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, wardrobe,’ limo for his release
- Show Info: January 19, 2021
- 27 years ago marked the coldest day in Northeast Ohio history