MANSFIELD, Ohio (WJW) — Police say a man wanted in connection a shooting that left one dead and another hurt has turned himself in to law enforcement.
According to Mansfield police, officers were called to Motel 6, 555 N. Trimble Road, at 1:39 a.m. Two victims were found with multiple gunshot wounds.
A 29-year-old female was taken to the hospital and rushed into surgery. Her condition is unknown. A 48-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victims’ names are not yet being released as family notifications are pending.
The suspect in the shootings was immediately identified as Earl C. Jefferson II, 43.
Jefferson allegedly fled the scene prior to police arriving. He was wanted for murder.
Police announced around 3:00 p.m. that he turned himself in.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
- Juvenile arrested in killings of 5, including pregnant woman
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Senators to introduce bill to raise Ohio minimum wage
- Merck ends development of 2 potential COVID-19 vaccines after poor results