CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – The U.S. Marshal’s office announced Monday the arrest of Julio Rentas, 67.
Rentas was wanted for the rape of a 14-year-old in Cleveland in a case that happened in 1981.
According to a press release, Rentas was released on bond in the case and hadn’t been seen since.
The Cold Case Unit of the US Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force (NOVFTF) in Cleveland developed leads that tracked Rentas to Puerto Rico.
He was arrested September 9 in Juna Diaz.
The arrest was a combined effort between the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, U.S. Marshals, Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office, and the Cleveland Division of Police.
**Editor’s note: A photo given to media outlets by the US Marshals has been removed from this story, after the Marshals said it showed the wrong man.**
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Photo gallery: A look back at President Trump’s time in the White House
- 7 hurt after NYC bus plunges off bridge, officials say driver suspended
- Officer-involved shooting reported in Kent, police investigating
- Police: Cleveland EMS workers robbed at gunpoint, two juveniles arrested