WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WJW) – The Canton Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash that happened Monday.
Troopers responded to State Route 153 and Beechwood Ave. around 5:30 p.m.
According to a press release, the driver of an SUV did not stop at a stop sign when turning from Beechwood onto SR-153.
Troopers say that caused a man on a motorcycle to hit the SUV.
The motorcyclist was thrown from his vehicle.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
He’s been identified as Dan Mayer, 60, of Alliance. The driver of the SUV has not been charged.
The crash remains under investigation.
Get the latest stories from FOX8.com below:
- Timothy Ray Brown, first person cured of HIV, dies of cancer
- Investigation underway after Shaker Heights officer reportedly makes obscene gesture towards protesters
- Two arrested in Akron during fentanyl trafficking investigation
- Biden, Trump continue turbulent sparring on social media, during campaign event day after presidential debate
- Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests