AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Akron Police Department are investigating the shooting death of a 22-year-old man.
According to detectives, the victim was shot while he was on or near 7th St SW around 5:15 p.m.
Officers found him in the 2200 block of 5th St. SW.
The man died at the hospital less than an hour later, the medical examiner reports.
The victim has not been identified.
If you have information call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip. You can also text your tip to TIPSCO at 274637.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- LIVE: Protestors rally in Minnesota before ex-officer put on trial in George Floyd’s death
- Sheriff searching for missing Wayne County teens believed to be traveling out of state
- People threaten to call ICE on Mexican restaurant staff after choice to keep mask requirement
- Student critical after alleged hazing at BGSU; Attorney says focus remains on the family
- A peek into what’s new in the world of luxury at Lexus