According to a post on the department’s Facebook page, the man was put in jail Wednesday morning, after Chief Michael Goodwin said an investigation revealed the man choked, beat and stabbed the dog to death after claiming the dog was aggressive towards him.
Chief Goodwin said the suspect admitted he was under the influence of methamphetamine at the time. “We were able to obtain a confession,” he said in the Facebook post.
“Our department takes the mistreatment of animals very seriously and will continue to investigate these crimes,” the chief wrote.
FOLLOW FOX8.COM’S LATEST POSTS, BELOW:
- Cleveland State University holding in-person commencement at Progressive Field
- Nissan shows off what’s new with Rogue and Sentra
- University of Akron students studying wastewater for COVID-19 say virus ‘trending in the right direction’
- Search for body of 6-year-old Middletown boy delayed Wednesday due to high water
- Republicans introduce alternative election reform measure to H.R. 1