Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael O’Malley announced the indictment Friday morning in a press release.
Officer Jennifer Kilnapp was shot on July 20 while responding to an incident on East 81st St. near Euclid Ave.
Police say Borden threatened a woman inside the home with a gun.
That woman called police after a shot was fired.
Police say Borden fired multiple shots at officers as they entered the home.
Officer Kilnapp was shot in the arm and back.
Borden was arrested after a standoff.
The 26-year-old officer was hospitalized for several days.
Borden has been indicted on two counts of attempted murder, three counts of felonious assault and one count of having weapons under disability.
“This individual’s lawless actions nearly resulted in the death of this dedicated police officer,” said Prosecutor O’Malley. “We continue to wish Officer Kilnapp a speedy recovery.”
Borden is being held on a $500,000 bond in the Cuyahoga County Jail.
His arraignment is scheduled for August 4.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Video shows police arrest 8-year-old boy with special needs at school; realize wrists too small for handcuffs
- I-Team: New indictments connected to downtown Cleveland riots and looting
- Viral video shows man hanging off back of truck at high speeds in Colorado
- Summer Coolers: Fresh Lemonade, Spicy Ginger Lemonade & Lemon Basil Ice Tea
- 10-year-old girl’s mother murdered during online class as teacher witnesses confrontation