SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP/WJW) – California authorities say they have charged a convicted killer with the 1988 kidnapping and slaying of a 9-year-old girl.
Michaela Joy Garecht disappeared from a market in the San Francisco Bay Area after riding her scooter there with a friend.
Her body has never been found.
Police say they only recently were able to match a partial palm print at the scene to David Misch.
59-year-old David Misch is charged with murder and two special circumstances, including murder during the course of a kidnapping, FOX 8 sister station KRON reports.
Misch is currently in Santa Rita Jail awaiting trial in the 1986 double murder of two women in Fremont, in addition to Garecht’s case, officials announced. He has been in prison since 1989.
He’s scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday.
Read the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- President Joe Biden highlights Ohio business helping get people vaccinated
- Teacher describes teen shot by Columbus police as a girl with a bright future
- Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say
- Black ice warning: Multiple cars crash on Northeast Ohio interstates; watch live from SkyFOX