AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – The Summit County Medical Examiner and the Akron Police Department are investigating the homicide of a 29-year-old man.
According to the medical examiner, officers with Akron police responded to the 1200 block of Kenmore Blvd. in reference to a shooting just before 10:30 p.m. Thursday.
Officers found the victim lying on the sidewalk with multiple gunshot wounds, according to a press release.
The victim died from his injuries just before midnight at the hospital.
The victim has not been identified.
Police say they are looking for Charles Deel II, 24, in connection with the homicide.
Detectives say he was seen fleeing the shooting scene in a Chevy Tahoe.
The suspect vehicle was found at an abandoned house in the 900 block of Marion Place.
Deel was not at the home.
Charles Deel II is considered armed and dangerous.
If you see him, call 911.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Video shows police arrest 8-year-old boy with special needs at school; realize wrists too small for handcuffs
- I-Team: New indictments connected to downtown Cleveland riots and looting
- Viral video shows man hanging off back of truck at high speeds in Colorado
- Summer Coolers: Fresh Lemonade, Spicy Ginger Lemonade & Lemon Basil Ice Tea
- 10-year-old girl’s mother murdered during online class as teacher witnesses confrontation