NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio (WJW) — A man has died almost 24 hours after an apparent shootout with police and housefire.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office reports Thomas Nock, 27, arrived at Fairview Hospital at about 2:30 a.m. on Saturday. He was treated and later pronounced dead early Sunday morning.

The FOX 8 I-TEAM reported over the weekend that state agents and North Olmsted police were investigating the police-involved shooting that happened early Saturday morning.

According to a North Olmsted Police press release, a woman called the police around 1:39 a.m. saying a man approached her and said someone was trying to kill him and his uncle. The woman said the man had blood on him.

According to a press release from the North Olmsted Division of Police released Monday morning, when Westlake Police arrived at the home on Alden Drive, officers heard what sounded like a single gunshot and found that the home was on fire.

WJW photo

Police then saw Nock leaving through the front door. He began to run through the backyards of Alden Dr. Officers ordered Nock to stop multiple times before he got stuck in bushes in the backyard of a home on Berkshire Dr., according to the release.

Nock then fired at a North Olmsted officer who was shot twice, once in the arm and once in the chest, according to the release.

One officer from North Olmsted and one officer from Westlake Police returned fire, hitting the male subject multiple times.

According to the release, the shot to the officer’s chest was stopped by a ballistic vest. That officer was taken to St. John Westshore Hospital and later released with minor injuries.

The North Olmsted Fire Department along with multiple surrounding agencies, responded to Alden Dr., which was fully engulfed in flames.

Eventually, a man, later identified as 52-year-old Christopher Torrisi, was found dead inside the home with at least one gunshot wound.

A third man involved was found near the North Olmsted Branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library.

According to the release, that man was assaulted by Nock and taken to St. John Westshore Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Agents with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation are investigating the shooting. The State Fire Marshal is also investigating.

Next-door neighbors who wanted to use their first names only say this incident was shocking, startling, and completely unexpected for what’s a typically quiet neighborhood.

North Olmsted Police Chief Bob Wagner and Mayor Nicole Dailey Jones hosted a press conference at 1:30 p.m. Monday about the shooting and housefire.

According to Dailey Jones, the police department has had a history with those involved in this incident.

According to Wagner, the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating the officer-involved shooting while the North Olmsted Police Department is investigating the arson and homicide.

According to Wagner, the officer who was shot is in good spirits and is recovering at home.

According to North Olmsted Detective Sergeant Matt Beck, Torrisi is the uncle of the other person involved, and Nock is believed to have been his good friend.