MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) — Memphis police arrested a man accused of calling 911 dozens of times Wednesday – on one occasion offering appetizers to the police dispatcher.
Court documents say Huu Nguyen has called 911 approximately 1,171 times since July 15, 2020 without having an emergency.
Nguyen called the department’s emergency line 241 times on September 1 and 32 times on September 2, records show.
During one of the calls on September 2, police say Nguyen asked dispatchers if they wanted to buy egg rolls and then hung up.
Police found Nguyen in a Memphis shopping center and took him into custody.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- ‘Bear huggers’ wanted: Potential dream job now open
- Some Android users should turn off Wi-Fi calling due to security concerns, Google team warns
- Bipartisan lawmakers introduce bill to ban members from owning, trading stocks
- Biden awards Springsteen, Louis-Dreyfus and others with National Medals of Arts
- Video: What drivers saw in 51-car, deadly Ohio Turnpike pileup