Deputies said a woman, her fiance and their two small children were in their car backing out of a spot in the parking lot of a Costco store around 3 p.m. Saturday.
A man, identified by deputies as 37-year-old Adam Glavinic, opened the back door of the car and tried to take the couple’s 2-year-old child, according to the sheriff’s department.
The parents got out of the car and confronted Glavinic as a crowd gathered. Deputies said the confrontation between the father and Glavinic got physical.
An off-duty sheriff’s employee and other witnesses intervened, separating the two until deputies from the Vista Sheriff’s Station arrived.
Glavinic was arrested on suspicion of attempted kidnapping and being under the influence of a controlled substance, deputies said. He was booked into the Vista Detention Facility.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine to hold coronavirus news conference
- Health panel proposes colon cancer tests start at 45, not 50
- Kenny’s celebrating the ‘Best of Cleveland’
- 98 arrested, three missing children found in month-long ‘Operation Double Impact’
- 2021 income tax brackets released: Where do you stand?