CLEVELAND (WJW) — Macy’s is holding a national hiring event on October 22, with the goal of hiring more than 1,400 seasonal workers for the holidays here in Ohio.
“New this year to provide a safe and convenient hiring experience, Macy’s will conduct all interviews for in-store opportunities by phone. The quick and convenient process allows seasonal candidates to interview from wherever,” according to a press release.
Phone interviews will take place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. that day. Those interested are encouraged to submit an application online before the event.
Macy’s said candidates often receive an offer the same day they apply.
Last year, 1,000 seasonal positions were turned into permanent ones.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Long lines continue for final weekend of early voting in Cuyahoga County
- 27 missing children recovered by US Marshals operation in Virginia
- Photos: Trick or treat event at Edgewater Park raises money for Littlest Heroes Pediatric Cancer Foundation
- No. 3 Ohio State working to defeat No. 18 Penn State, as second half continues
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus