LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Louisville Metro police department has officially fired one of the police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor.
A termination letter for Officer Brett Hankison released by the city’s police department today said Hankinson violated procedures by showing “extreme indifference to the value of human life.”
The letter also said Hankinson violated the rule against using deadly force.
Taylor, who was Black, was shot eight times by officers who burst into her Louisville home using a no-knock warrant during a March 13 narcotics investigation.
Two other officers remain on administrative reassignment while the shooting is investigated.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Senators updated on fast-track COVID-19 vaccine program
- House coronavirus panel examines medical companies’ concerns over PPE shortages
- Cuyahoga County among several in Ohio under Level 3 for coronavirus risk
- I-TEAM: What police choppers saw during the riots in downtown Cleveland
- Ohio Department of Health reports 1,301 new coronavirus cases