LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Louisville Metro police department has officially fired one of the police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor.
A termination letter for Officer Brett Hankison released by the city’s police department today said Hankinson violated procedures by showing “extreme indifference to the value of human life.”
The letter also said Hankinson violated the rule against using deadly force.
Taylor, who was Black, was shot eight times by officers who burst into her Louisville home using a no-knock warrant during a March 13 narcotics investigation.
Two other officers remain on administrative reassignment while the shooting is investigated.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Lorain police investigating fatal high-speed car crash
- Plane goes down in Avon cornfield after engine goes out
- ‘Blood sugar sisters’: Diabetic basketball players share special bond
- Godiva plans to close 128 chocolate stores across North America due to pandemic slump
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship