LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Louisville Metro police department has officially fired one of the police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor.
A termination letter for Officer Brett Hankison released by the city’s police department today said Hankinson violated procedures by showing “extreme indifference to the value of human life.”
The letter also said Hankinson violated the rule against using deadly force.
Taylor, who was Black, was shot eight times by officers who burst into her Louisville home using a no-knock warrant during a March 13 narcotics investigation.
Two other officers remain on administrative reassignment while the shooting is investigated.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Chilly fall temps continue this weekend in Northeast Ohio
- Vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris talks to FOX 8 one-on-one during Cleveland campaign stop
- Cleveland man charged with murder after stabbing brother, police report
- Dr. Fauci says ‘maybe we should be mandating’ masks nationally, as COVID-19 cases surge
- Purdue rallies to top Iowa 24-20 in West Lafayette