CLEVELAND – The FOX 8 I-Team has learned Cleveland City Councilman Matt Zone is resigning after nearly 20 years in office to take another job.
Zone is leaving his council seat to become Executive Director of the Thriving Communities Institute and will serve as Senior Vice President of the Western Reserve Land Conservancy.
“I love this city and I am not going anywhere,” Zone told the I-Team Sunday morning. “I just felt after nearly two decades it was time to move on.”
He said he will leave his position Nov. 18.
“This was a difficult decision to make, I love serving this community, and particulary, the passionate members who call her home, but I’m excited about the next chapter,” Zone added.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- 14-year-old boy with Asperger syndrome beaten to death
- ‘I’m sick for Odell’: Kevin Stefanski weighs in on injuries as Browns look to next Sunday
- Ohio surpasses 200,000 coronavirus cases, as 2,116 new cases reported Monday
- ‘This guy is winning’: Tracy McCool offers update as husband’s cancer battle marks two years
- Scientists say ‘strange lights’ over Hawaii were likely a rocket from nearly 12 years ago