Friday marks 19 years since the terrorist attacks that claimed nearly 3,000 lives.
“Americans who gave their lives because of a terrorist attack and it could happen in our day and age and it has in my lifetime,” said Avon Lake Key Club Member Natalie Hickov.
They’ve also honored the officers and firefighters who are their neighbors inside the school with a mural in the courtyard to salute the first responders.
A similar display was also set up outside Twinsburg High School.
“Local people reaching out and and that’s just really amazing that people can come together as Americans to come together to honor people,” Twinsburg High Student Nathan Wagner.
Tributes will be held all over Northeast Ohio and the country to remember. We will bring them to you right here on FOX8.com.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com, below:
- ‘We just need to be us’: Browns ready for Sunday matchup against Kansas City
- Troopers investigating Ohio crash that killed 14-year-old
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Dr. Dre now back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration