CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – Cleveland Metropolitan School District CEO Eric Gordon will deliver a virtual address for this year’s State of the Schools.
Much of the discussion will likely focus on education during the pandemic.
All the schools in the area ended remotely after schools closed before spring break.
It’s unclear if Gordon will address student assessments, and if the school district has gathered the data to determine whether students are falling behind due to extended remote learning.
Many students in the district don’t have home computers or wi-fi.
Schools were not graded because a lot of the data is based on spring state tests, which were not held due to coronavirus.
The online audience can submit questions during the forum by sending a text to 330-541-5794.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Coronavirus-themed Halloween display bringing joy to Cleveland community
- Akron police search for hit-skip driver who struck, killed 64-year-old pedestrian
- Spotty showers continue overnight as cold front sweeps through
- Local family-owned costume shop struggling amid coronavirus pandemic
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington