CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – A transformation is underway on a portion of East 93rd Street on Cleveland’s east side.
Artists are working with residents, Graffiti HeArt, R.A.K.E., City Councilman Blaine Griffin and the city of Cleveland to paint a Black Lives Matter mural.
It is being painted on the street on East 93rd between Bessemer and Heath. That area is closed to traffic Monday.
The mural is part of a bigger plan called “Elevate the East.”
“It is my vision to make the East 93rd Street Corridor the most impressive artistic corridor in the City of Cleveland,” Councilman Griffin said in a press release.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Josh Duggar transferred to federal facility
- ‘Raining fish’ that fell from sky in Texas were vomited by birds, researchers claim
- Note on GrubHub order helps rescue alleged rape victim in New York: ‘Please call the police’
- Watch: Black bear spotted in Hudson
- RI police officer on leave after allegedly attacking female political opponent at abortion rally