CLEVELAND– Cindy Tirpak and her husband Vinny have landed the deal of a lifetime, thanks to a chance meeting with a representative from the RNC.
“I really don’t know if it’s sunk in yet,” said Tirpak.
The husband-wife team are the creative geniuses behind Blastmaster, a company run from their Brunswick home designing and creating sandblasted gifts and souvenirs.
They’re also one of 22 preferred vendors, 11 of them local, chosen by the RNC to use the official Republican logo.
They will all set up shop in the Freedom Marketplace just inside the left field gate at Progressive Field during the Republican National Convention the week of July 18.
“Unbelievable, it was surreal; it was like a dream,” said Tirpak, “I mean little old us, you know, that blast away in our house.”
Tirpak said she’ll have close to 1,000 glasses etched with Republican symbols and Cleveland designs, an opportunity she expects will launch her homegrown business to a new level. She’s not the only local entrepreneur to believe that.
Amparo Vega is also on the preferred vendor list.
“I am on a big, big high, I am,” said Vega.
Vega is a retired Cleveland police officer who turned a hobby making law enforcement-themed jewelry and watches into a business called the Original Cleveland Watch Company.
“It’s like hard work paid off cause I’ve been working on this for over a year,” Vega said.
The retired officer was the only jeweler licensed to use the RNC logo on her watches, which typically sell for about $75 online or at Hillcrest Jewelers in Lyndhurst.
But come July she will have 2,500 ready for purchase in the market place.
“We wanted to make sure Cleveland was well represented in this convention,” said David O’Neil, Deputy Press Secretary for the RNC.
O’Neil said the Freedom Marketplace would be located just inside the left field gate at Progressive Field for the exclusive enjoyment of credentialed convention goers.
“You’re going to be seeing ties, T-shirts, wooden boxes,” said O’Neil.
Shoppers outside the security zone will have to buy their logo products elsewhere.
***Continuing coverage on the RNC*** See the entire vendor list below:
- All Pro Classics http://www.allproclassics.com Memorabilia company with authentic and unique presidential and sports memorabilia.
- Blastmaster http://www.blastmaster62.net/ We are a husband and wife team that designs and creates custom SANDBLASTED glassware and stainless steel accessories.
- Cleveland Watch Company LLC http://www.clevelandwatchcompany.com/ RNC Logoed Watch created by retired Cleveland police officer.
- Danville Furniture Cherrywood keepsake box with the RNC logo
- Eagle Classics http://www.eagleclassics.com/ Eagle Classics has custom, high quality, Made in the USA Republican Presidential, Historical, and Sports Memorabilia. We have sold our items at Republican State Conventions, Republican Leadership Conventions, and many additional Republican events on a county, state and national level.
- Flags of Valor http://www.flagsofvalor.com Veteran owned, Veteran operated, Combat Veteran made…100% USA. Flags of Valor sources American suppliers, hires American veterans, and proves one of a kind pieces of world class art. Will be selling Betsy Ross and 50 Star American Flags.
- Future Female Leaders http://www.futurefemaleleader.com Future Female Leaders began as a Twitter account and is now America’s leading social movement for young, conservative women. Their products mix femininity and sass with conservative and Republican politics. Will be selling GOP merchandise including dresses, skirts, shirts, jewelry, and more.
- 10 GV Art + Design http://www.gvartwork.com/ GV Art + Design is a creative boutique specializing in original artwork and design. Will be selling Republican themed t-shirts and artwork.
- Lady Jayne, LTD http://www.ladyjayne.com/ Nickel-free charm jewelry. I make the logo jewelry for Texas Republican Party, Texas Republican Party, Lions International, Kiwanis International, Elks USA, Amvets ladies auxiliary, Army,navy, Air Force and coast guard and many more
- Malley’s Chocolates http://www.malleys.com/ Cleveland’s leading chocolatier, our confections have been crafted for three generations offering the finest chocolates and roasted nuts
- Mulholland and Sachs http://www.mulhollandsachs.com/ Mulholland & Sachs is an independent retail gift store owned and operated by a mother and daughter team. Will be selling unique logoed gift items.
- PatrioticJewelry.com http://www.patrioticjewelry.com Republican and Patriotic jewelry. Has attended and sold jewelry at the last 3 conventions.
- Rhinestone Marketplace http://www.rhinestonemarketplace.com/ Rhinestone Marketplace is manufacturer of rhinestone apparel and related items for women’s fashion. They can “rhinestone-ize” any logo or design for use on a wide variety of apparel items.
- SandiCare, LLC http://www.sandicare.info/ Home care agency for developmentally disabled adults. 100% made in the USA. Merchandise provides jobs and job training opportunities. Will be selling totes, wine bags, jewelry, and ornaments.
- Smathers & Branson http://www.Smathersandbranson.com Americana and Republican themed products that are entirely stitched by hand
- Stars & Stripes Forever https://wethepeopletshirts.us/about-us/ Thousands of Patriotic themed gifts from apparel, jewelry, hats, purses, ties, and art to pet items, military memorabilia, buttons, scarves, and more.
- The Great Republic https://www.great-republic.com The Great Republic celebrates the United States in antique, one-of-a-kind offerings as well as Made in America handcrafted goods. Our products are designed for the individual that puts a premium on unquestioned authenticity and quality of craftsmanship when investing in an exceptional piece of history or handcrafted item – either for themselves or as a gift
- Things Remembered http://www.thingsremembered.com Personalized gift company selling logoed items ranging from passport holders to totes, pictures frames, and more
- Timmy Woods http://www.timmywoods.com/ Handbags that are handmade and hand carved of un endangered Acacia Wood. The bags are carved and completed in Los Angeles, California. The present Americana series is because of my love for America
- Vineyard Vines http://www.vineyardvines.com/ Preppy Men’s & Women’s Clothing and accessories. Ties, Bowties, Belts and Tote Bags
- Wool and Willow Needlepoint http://www.woolandwillow.com/ We are a full-service needlepoint store providing canvases, threads, classes, and finishing. We are the only needlepoint store in the greater Cleveland area. We have been in business for twelve years.
- World Accessories http://www.world-accessories.com Necklaces and bracelets crafted from Tagua seeds from South America.