PUT-IN-BAY, Ohio — A nineteenth-century lighthouse on a Lake Erie island has been restored and is being offered for events like weddings.
The 2 ½-story brick South Bass Island Lighthouse guided ships from July 1897 until October 1962.
The Blade reports that Ohio State University, which acquired the building from the federal government in 1867, is making the restored lighthouse available for special events starting next year.
The lighthouse with a 60-foot tower is unusual because of the amount of living space in an attached Queen Anne-style home.
The grounds, which include a butterfly garden, are a popular spot for viewing Lake Erie.