LAKE COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – The Lake Humane Society needs monetary donations to get a dog medical care.
Penny is a Pit Bull Terrier mix.
She was found chained up at a home in Lake County in the sun without water, shade, or food.
The Lake Humane Society says she struggled to stand and had trouble breathing.
Lake Humane and Painesville police were able to rescue Penny, but she still has some health challenges.
Penny suffered from a heatstroke, which caused extreme dehydration.
She is underweight and has kidney and liver problems.
This week, Penny’s back legs collapsed. She needs radiographs so medical staff can plan the best treatment.
Penny is on antibiotics and liver medications and has a special kidney diet.
Penny is just one-year-old and resting comfortably.
Click here to donate to her medical fund.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Cavs games at Washington postponed, Wizards don’t have enough players
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Mega Millions and Powerball: Lottery players have chance at jackpots worth combined $1.3 billion
- Biden outlines plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive