KENT, Ohio (WJW) — Kent State University issued an advisory after a sexual assault was reported to campus police.
According to the school’s website, it happened in a Centennial Court E residence in the early morning hours of Saturday.
The incident did not involve unauthorized access to the building. Police are continuing to investigate.
“The safety of our community is our top priority. Cooperation and engagement of all students, faculty and staff in campus safety are our best defenses against crime.”
Community members are encouraged to contact KSU Police at 330-672-2212 or 911 for any suspicious activity, persons or circumstances on campus.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Ohio shooting sends 4-year-old girl, woman to hospital
- Two Northeast Ohio bars cited for coronavirus health order violations
- This state will offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 1,987 new cases, 83 hospitalizations reported
- Watch: USS Cod fires deck gun salute in honor of Prince Philip