KENT, Ohio (WJW) — Kent State University issued an advisory after a sexual assault was reported to campus police.
According to the school’s website, it happened in a Centennial Court E residence in the early morning hours of Saturday.
The incident did not involve unauthorized access to the building. Police are continuing to investigate.
“The safety of our community is our top priority. Cooperation and engagement of all students, faculty and staff in campus safety are our best defenses against crime.”
Community members are encouraged to contact KSU Police at 330-672-2212 or 911 for any suspicious activity, persons or circumstances on campus.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Two plead guilty in bribery probe involving former Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder
- Panera adds one of America’s favorite foods to its menu
- Newsfeed Now: Trump, Biden to appeal to last-minute voters in Florida
- F-16s intercept aircraft over Trump rally in Arizona
- 750,000 people file new unemployment claims nationwide; Ohio data delayed