KENT, Ohio (WJW) — Student organizations at Kent State held a March for Unity on campus Monday afternoon. Masks were required.
The Alpha Phi Alpha Epsilon Delta chapter and Black United Students said they would be joined by University President Todd Diacon and Kent State University Police.
The University said last week it is investigating actions including putting a fence around it, installing security cameras, or removing it.
Black United Students sent a list of demands to Diacon on September 8 and expressed fears for their safety.
According to an updated release on Sept. 10, the organization said their demands had been “heard, openly received and are in the process of being executed.”
READ MORE HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM:
- Here are the winning Mega Millions numbers for the $1 billion jackpot
- Sexton scores 25, Cavaliers beat Durant-less Nets 125-113
- Ohio funeral homes at breaking point, workers want COVID-19 vaccine
- Saturday bringing colder air, brighter skies to Northeast Ohio
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump