WESTLAKE, Ohio (WJW) — Westlake police recently arrested three people for drug trafficking charges, and it’s thanks in part to K9 Cash.
The department credited Cash in a post on Facebook. They said the bust happened on September 11.
An officer had stopped a rental vehicle for a traffic violation as it was pulling into the Holiday Inn Express on Clemens Rd. The occupants inside reportedly told the officer a suspicious story about being in town from Idaho to “take pictures.”
K9 Cash was then called out to the scene and alerted officers to the presence of narcotics in the vehicle. Police said about 2 kilograms of suspected cocaine was found.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Students learning at new outdoor classroom in Beachwood
- Ohio politicians weigh in on Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation to Supreme Court
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister: ‘My heart is shattered’
- Live: Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court; swearing-in ceremony happening now
- 49 new coronavirus cases reported in Cleveland Monday