WESTLAKE, Ohio (WJW) — Westlake police recently arrested three people for drug trafficking charges, and it’s thanks in part to K9 Cash.
The department credited Cash in a post on Facebook. They said the bust happened on September 11.
An officer had stopped a rental vehicle for a traffic violation as it was pulling into the Holiday Inn Express on Clemens Rd. The occupants inside reportedly told the officer a suspicious story about being in town from Idaho to “take pictures.”
K9 Cash was then called out to the scene and alerted officers to the presence of narcotics in the vehicle. Police said about 2 kilograms of suspected cocaine was found.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Ohio shooting sends 4-year-old girl, woman to hospital
- Two Northeast Ohio bars cited for coronavirus health order violations
- This state will offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 1,987 new cases, 83 hospitalizations reported
- Watch: USS Cod fires deck gun salute in honor of Prince Philip