YORK COUNTY, Maine (WJW) — A K-9 helped reunite a missing child with her parents on Monday.
According to a post on the Maine State Police Facebook page, K-9 Dutch and Trooper Zachary Fancy were requested by the York County Sheriff’s Office to track a kindergartener who had run off into the woods during recess.
State police said K-9 Dutch began the track from the child’s jacket. He continued deeper into the woods and thick brush.
The post said that after Dutch tracked for over half a mile, he began showing signs the child wasn’t far away.
K-9 Dutch continued tracking and found the child sitting on a rock with no shoes, crying.
Troopers brought the child out of the woods and she was reunited with her parents.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com, below:
- Ballot selfie laws: Is it legal to snap a photo in your state?
- PHOTOS: Suspect wanted in South Euclid bank robbery
- As virus surges, Trump rallies keep packing in thousands
- Colorado survivalist camp with bunkers, weapons and guard towers prepared for post-election turmoil
- Cleveland Fire to ‘Sound the Alarm’ for safety