TAMPA (WFLA) – The founder of Jelly Belly is hosting a series of cash prize treasure hunts around the country before his retirement. Anyone that participates will then be eligible to search for the ultimate treasure, which is a key to one of his candy factories.
According to a news release, David Klein and his partner have started going across the USA hiding “gold style tickets in the form of necklaces in places they come across with an interesting story.”
“The biggest and best part of these treasure hunts is that anyone who joins at least one treasure hunt will be eligible to search for THE ULTIMATE TREASURE, which will be the key to one of his candy factories and an all-expenses-paid trip and education to a candy-making university,” Klein said.
Those who wish to get involved just need to pay an entry fee of $49.99 to get access to their state’s clue.
The company said that each treasure hunt is valued at $5,000, and only 1,000 people can participate in each treasure hunt.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- New California law prompted by crash that killed Kobe Bryant
- Week 6 of Friday Night Touchdown: Vote for the game of the week
- Organizers, city leaders focused on safety ahead of Cleveland presidential debate
- Tumbling temps with more rain later in the week