ORWELL, Ohio — Investigators returned to the scene of a house explosion Thursday.
The accident killed a 27-year-old woman and critically injured her boyfriend.
The couple had been smelling gas at their Montgomery Road home in Orwell for weeks.
There is a well on the property and natural gas would sometimes seep into the water system.
Around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, the man who lived there lit a cigarette and the house blew.
The man was flown to MetroHealth Medical Center. He remained in critical condition at the time of this report.
People who live in the area report that they felt the blast five miles away.