(WJW)- Eight incredible years! Once again your generosity is helping children battling cancer. Our St. Jude Dream Home ticket sell-a-thon sold out in less than a hour. That is 20,000 tickets gone! We can't thank you enough.
Tickets purchased give you a chance to own a 3,000 square foot $500,000 home in Olmsted Falls. It has 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths.
Here is what you need to know about the sell-a-thon which also gives you the chance to win other great prizes.
Here are the most asked questions:
Questions Concerning Ticket Sales
1. How many tickets will be sold? 20,000
2. How much is it to reserve a ticket: $100.00 each
3. Where can I reserve a ticket?: Online here or by calling the 1800 number. To reserve tickets call 800-834-5786.
4. Do I have to be 18 or older to reserve a ticket: Yes
5. Can I reserve a ticket in a business name: No
6. Can a group of individuals buy a ticket? If so, do all of the names go on the ticket? A group of individuals may purchase a ticket; however, only one name may be listed on the ticket. Each prize will be awarded to only one (1) winner. The prize will be awarded to the eligible individual whose name appears first on the ticket. That individual is solely responsible for allocating the value of the prize among the purchasers.
7. When can I expect a receipt after purchasing my ticket: If you do not provide an email address during the time of purchase, you can expect to receive a mailed receipt within 5-10 business days. If you do provide an email during your purchase, you can expect a receipt within 48 hours. Please make sure you check your junk/spam folders.
8. Will I receive something in the mail for tax purposes or to claim as a deduction? The IRS has ruled that a payment for a raffle ticket is a tax-deductible charitable contribution only to the extent the amount of the payment exceeds the price of the ticket.
9. Who is eligible to participate? To be eligible to purchase a ticket, you must be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry, and a living resident of the United States.
· The following persons, and their employees and immediate family members, are not eligible to purchase a ticket: ·
- Officers, directors, employees of ALSAC or St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®
- National Sponsors of the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway. Additionally, the following persons, and their employees and immediate family members, are not eligible to purchase a St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway ticket within the market where they are providing services:
- · St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway media and prize sponsors.·
- St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway builders and developers. ·
- Members of Epsilon Sigma Alpha
- · St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway ticket outlets and seller. ·
- St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway auditors and accountants
10. How much of the proceeds actually go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital? All of the proceeds go directly to St. Jude.
Questions Concerning the Cleveland St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway
1. Who is the builder of the 2019 Cleveland St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway?
Cleveland Custom Homes
2. What city is the house being built?
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
3. What neighborhood is the house being built?
4. What is the estimated value of the house?
5. What will the home feature this year?
· 4 Bedrooms
· 3.5 Bathrooms
· Modern French Country design featuring open chef kitchen and dining area with a two-sided fireplace separating the living room.
· Master suite offers an expansive bedroom, large walk-in closet, and well-appointed master bath with separated vanities, walk-in shower, and freestanding tub.
· Covered front porch and rear patios
6. What is the square footage of the home?
Approximately 3,000 square ft.
7. Why should I visit the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway Open House?
Just for visiting, you will be entered into a drawing to win a $10,000 shopping spree at Fish Furniture
9. Do I have to purchase a ticket to tour the home?
Questions Concerning Other Prizes
What other prizes can I win if I reserve a ticket?
· Tickets reserved by Thursday, February 20 are eligible to win a Artesian Maui Elite, or Fiji Elite Hot Tub, courtesy of Litehouse Pools and Spas
· Early Bird Prize: Tickets reserved by the Early Bird deadline are eligible to win a 2020 Buick Encore or 2020 Ford Ecosport, courtesy of Nick Abraham Auto Mall
· Custom made St. Jude Thaddeus statue, courtesy of Milano Monuments
· $2,500 Panera Prize Pack
· $1,500 Mastercard or VISA gift card, courtesy of Apex Dermatology
· $1,500 Conrad’s Tire Express and Total Car Care gift certificate
· $1,500 VISA or Mastercard gift card, courtesy of Smiles by White
· $1,000 Amazon gift card, courtesy of The Young Team
Questions Concerning the Giveaway
1. When is the Giveaway date?
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
All prizes will be drawn live on air during the morning show starting at 9:00 am
2. Do I have to turn my physical ticket in order to claim a prize?
No. If you win a prize, someone from St. Jude will call you directly.