ASHLAND COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — A man, wanted on a felony burglary warrant, is now in the Ashland County Jail after he fled from law enforcement officials during a traffic stop on I-71.
Demetrius Wright, 27, of Georgia, was arrested Monday evening after fleeing from troopers.
Troopers and Ashland County sheriff deputies searched on the ground and in the air for nearly two hours before Wright was located in a wooded area.
- ‘Hillbilly Elegy’ to Capitol Hill? Author eyes bid for Portman’s Senate seat in Ohio
- Curry scores 33, Warriors roll to 119-101 win over Cavaliers
- 8 dead in mass shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility
- ‘That’s a lot of teeth’: Study says 2.5 billion Tyrannosaurus rex roamed Earth
- Ohio schools report 1,600 new COVID cases this week, following statewide upward trend
Troopers went to the area and were able to arrest Wright.
“We had our aviation section that came out and was able to find the gentleman hiding up in a tree,” said Lt. Raymond Durant, of the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
After his arrest, Wright was taken to the hospital to be checked out. He was released Wednesday morning and taken to the Ashland County Jail.
He is expected in court soon.