CLEVELAND(WJW) – The Cleveland Division of Police Force Investigation Team is investigating after a Cleveland Metropolitan Housing Authority officer shot and killed a man on the city’s east side Friday evening.
Multiple sources say the suspect had a gun. The shooting happened on Haltnorth Walk near 55th Street and Woodland Avenue.
According to a preliminary report, CMHA officers had found a parked vehicle around 5 p.m. today, which was suspected to be involved in a shooting that occurred on Thursday. Officers asked a suspect who was sitting in the car to get out. At this point, police report the man pointed a gun at an officer, who shot the suspect and the suspect fled.
The suspect was then reportedly found collapsed on the ground.
Police sources say the 18-year-old suspect died after being taken to the hospital. The CMHA officer was not hurt.
We reached out to various CMHA officials for more information, but have not yet heard back.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Ohio electoral votes certified for President Trump
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more at California, Florida parks
- Brunswick officers honored for saving the life of a man who crashed car during a chase
- Wanted: Amherst police look for person who sprayed drive-thru worker in the face