CLEVELAND (WJW)– The FOX 8 I-Team learned an inmate at the Cuyahoga County Jail “walked out of the booking area” Monday evening and disappeared in the justice center complex.
A Cuyahoga County spokesperson said the inmate was later found “in an unapproved area.”
The county did not reveal how the inmate managed to disappear without being noticed or how long the inmate was missing. The county also did not reveal details about why the inmate was brought into jail.
A short statement said, “An investigation is underway.”
Months ago, another inmate tried to escape from the same area, but was caught before getting away.
Last year, a domestic violence suspect escaped from the jail, and no one noticed for hours. He was later captured in Brooklyn. Three jail employees were punished after that incident.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- Cleveland establishes call center for coronavirus vaccine questions
- ‘Will be back in some form’: President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania depart D.C. ahead of inauguration