It happened Wednesday night on I-76 near Akron Road.
OSHP Sgt. Ray Santiago says the driver was stabbed after stopping on the side of the highway. The driver was taken to an Akron hospital.
He said troopers are searching for two suspects that fled the scene in a dark-colored pickup truck.
It’s unknown if the driver knew the suspects or what the motive was for the stabbing.
Santiago said troopers are continuing to investigate. No other details were available at this time.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Joe and Jill Biden train tour launches from Cleveland Wednesday
- Can Cookie save the season? Cleveland Indians need a win tonight to keep the season alive
- ‘I am woman’ singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Clouds, wind, and rain; cooler air pushes in tomorrow
- From ‘Will you shut up man?’ to ‘Everyone knows he’s a liar,’ first presidential debate goes off the rails