It happened Wednesday night on I-76 near Akron Road.
OSHP Sgt. Ray Santiago says the driver was stabbed after stopping on the side of the highway. The driver was taken to an Akron hospital.
He said troopers are searching for two suspects that fled the scene in a dark-colored pickup truck.
It’s unknown if the driver knew the suspects or what the motive was for the stabbing.
Santiago said troopers are continuing to investigate. No other details were available at this time.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Couple married 67 years receives COVID vaccine after diagnosis forced them apart
- ‘Spectacular’ bright-orange bat species discovered
- Girl with special needs surprised with birthday parade in Sandusky
- Drew Carey donating ‘Wheel of Fortune’ winnings to Greater Cleveland Food Bank