The man was transported to the hospital and is expected to recover.
Sources say the victim and suspect knew each other.
It is unknown at this time if the suspect is in custody.
A witness told FOX 8 a group of men started arguing near a shop on the lower level, then one man pulled a gun and shot someone. People began running from the scene.
Beachwood Place shopping mall was put on lockdown following the incident.
Beachwood police and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation responded to the scene to investigate.
While the Beachwood mall office is closed on weekends, FOX 8 has reached out to a few stores in the mall who confirmed they are open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM:
- Bank of America online glitch causes $0 to display in several customer accounts
- NCAA board hands call on fall championships to each division
- Browns tight end Austin Hooper develops chemistry with Baker Mayfield in offseason
- Ohio reports 1,199 new coronavirus cases, 26 new deaths
- Browns center, NFLPA President JC Tretter wanted to make sure players had option to opt out