The incident happened around 6 p.m. Monday. Paramedics rushed 48-year-old Shane Trawick to MetroHealth Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The jail has made headlines in recent years for a series of inmate deaths, however, administrators have also made reforms to improve conditions.
The Cleveland Division of Police Homicide Unit is investigating.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Investigation: BGSU fraternity members knew of alcohol dangers before hazing death
- Ohio to change mask orders after new CDC guidance
- Suspect accused of shooting, killing 73-year-old veteran at Maple Heights laundromat pleads guilty
- Petition calling for Tokyo Olympics to be canceled amid pandemic gathers 350,000 signatures
- Pony named French Fry found safe after disappearing while giving rides to kids in Cleveland