Devon Mallory appeared in Euclid Municipal Court Friday to face the charge.
The judge set his bond at $1 million dollars.
Euclid police detectives investigated the child’s death after the toddler was brought to the emergency room last month with several injuries.
Euclid Police Chief Scott Meyer said his detectives did a good job on the case and want to get justice for the young child.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Trumbull County, killing sleeping man
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Free coronavirus testing Saturday in several Northeast Ohio counties