WILLOUGHBY HILLS, Ohio (WJW) — A 65-year-old man was hospitalized after police said he was shot in the leg during an armed carjacking on Wednesday night.
Willoughby Hills Police Chief Matt Naegele told the FOX 8 I-TEAM it happened around 7:22 p.m. in a parking lot near the Willoughby Hills Towers on Chardon Road.
“We received a 9-1-1 call that a male had been shot,” he said. “He was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.”
The chief said the suspects arrived in the area in a red pickup truck.
The victim was assaulted and shot while he was on the ground.
One of the suspect’s then stole the man’s 2010 black Ford Fusion.
Anyone with information on the case is urged to call Willoughby Hills police at 440-953-4212.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Biden reverses Trump ban on transgender people in military
- Live: White House holds briefing as Biden plans to boost US manufacturers
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments
- California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
- Juvenile arrested in killings of 5, including pregnant woman