I-Team: Wanted suspect in Little Italy robbery released from court just days ago

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.
LITTLE ITALY, Ohio-The FOX 8 I-TEAM has learned, a man wanted for a series of violent hold-ups last weekend in Little Italy had just been in court days ago, and he walked out a free man.

Friday afternoon Cleveland Police issued an arrest warrant for one of three armed suspects wanted for beating and trying to rob a priest, holding up another man, and holding up a woman.

The I-TEAM checked the suspect’s background, and we found he has both a juvenile record and an adult record. The suspect is 20.  He had been wanted for months for not showing up for probation in a stolen property case.

Records show he went to court earlier this week for that probation violation, but Cuyahoga County Judge Timothy McCormick let him go.

McCormick told FOX 8, “He seemed like a sincere kid. He’d been going to school every day. He had no support system. He had no new cases.”

However, we found the man had finally gone to court on the old case only because he got arrested and questioned after a robbery. The judge tells us the man said he had a relative in prison and didn’t want to go down that path. Now though, after the Little Italy crimes, he could.

Police are still working to identify the other two suspects in the crime spree. Earlier, another man had been arrested by detectives for the hold-ups, but police felt they needed more evidence, so they released him.

**More on the story here**

 

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral

Stay informed: Download the FOX 8 App