The incident occurred Friday evening in the 9600 block of Cumberland Avenue.
The child was reportedly wounded, along with a young adult.
This is a developing story. FOX 8 will provide more information as it becomes available.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Expect a cold and cloudy Sunday in Northeast Ohio
- Lorain police investigating fatal high-speed car crash
- Plane goes down in Avon cornfield after engine goes out
- ‘Blood sugar sisters’: Diabetic basketball players share special bond
- Godiva plans to close 128 chocolate stores across North America due to pandemic slump