CLEVELAND (WJW) — The FOX 8 I-TEAM has learned of a murder investigation involving police in Cleveland, Summit County and Belmont County in the southeastern part of the state.
While police are releasing very few details, multiple sources confirm the case started with the murder of a woman from Barnesville in Belmont County. The victim was found Thursday, according to the Belmont County Sheriff’s Office.
Law enforcement officials recovered a burned out car in Cleveland believed to belong to the victim.
Investigators have also been searching in Summit County for a person who may have information about the case.
This story has been developing over the course of the Thanksgiving weekend.
The Belmont County Sheriff’s Office said as of Sunday no arrests have been made yet and detectives will have more information Monday.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.come below:
- St. Ed’s claims Division 1 state title after victory over Springfield
- Money found inside wall of Joel Osteen’s megachurch possibly tied to 2014 theft
- Dry, chilly Saturday to start the weekend
- Fans celebrate legacy of late Michael Stanley during Cleveland tribute concert
- Northeast Ohioans prepare for overseas trips despite rising COVID cases, omicron variant