*Watch our report above on a police chase on I-90 and shooting above.*
EUCLID, Ohio (WJW) – The FOX 8 I-Team has learned Euclid detectives are investigating the deadly shooting of a 19-year-old man, and officers at the scene got harassed instead of getting information to help the solve the case.
Euclid’s Police Chief Scott Meyer told the I-TEAM the shooting happened around 3:30 p.m. Thursday on East 232 St. Police arrived on scene and found the injured man, identified Friday as Myles Miller. Officers immediately started life saving measures, Meyer said.
Miller died a short time later.
When officers began to try and figure out what happened, they found a hostile crowd. Most of the people there were uncooperative, Meyer said.
On Friday, Euclid police released more information and said a juvenile male suspect got into an altercation with Miller and shot him. The suspect surrendered to police Friday morning.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases