It happened Wednesday around 11:30 p.m. on I-71 southbound, south of U.S. 250.
According to the FOX 8 I-Team, a trooper with the Ohio State Highway Patrol had initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle because the driver had stopped but did not get all the way over to the berm.
The trooper was advising the driver to move over when a semi crashed into the vehicle.
FOX 8’s Patty Harken reports the semi fell on top of the vehicle.
Seven people were in the car.
Four of them were killed.
The semi-truck driver and the trooper are okay.
The interstate in the area was closed through Thursday morning.
The identities of the victims have not been released.
OSHP tells the FOX 8 I-Team the victims are from out of state.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Act of kindness: Man donates not one, but two stimulus checks to foodbank
- The Terminator is coming: Packers prepare for Aaron Donald
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on highway
- Cavs games at Washington postponed, Wizards don’t have enough players
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College