This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

*Watch our report from last year on Mayor Jackson discussing his grandson’s legal troubles.*

PARMA, Ohio (WJW) – The FOX 8 I-TEAM has learned Frank Q. Jackson, grandson of the mayor of Cleveland, turned himself in to police after a chase in Parma.

According to a press release, Jackson was pulled over for an equipment violation just after midnight on Sunday. The officer asked him to get out of the vehicle after he consented to a search. A second officer then arrived on scene to assist.

“At one point two officers are attempting to have Frank step out of the vehicle. One officer had ahold of Frank as Frank pulled away in his vehicle. The officer was able to run with the car before being freed. The officer was not physically dragged and was not seriously injured during the incident,” the department said.

Dispatch recordings show that led to a chase into Cleveland with Jackson suspected of driving at 107 miles an hour.

Officers lost the car in Cleveland, but he later surrendered to Parma police.

Jackson was also wanted on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge out of Cleveland that was filed last week.

According to Cleveland Municipal Court records, Jackson appeared in court Saturday morning and entered a not guilty plea to the domestic violence charge. Bond was set at $7,500 and he was released. Another hearing on the domestic violence case is set for Monday.

The warrant states that on Dec. 18, Frank Q. Jackson, “Did knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to the mother of his child.”

The I-TEAM obtained the police report that said officers, “Observed” the victim, “Had a possible lump on her forehead.” The officers then requested a supervisor to respond. The victim stated that she did not want to press charges on Jackson and that she just wanted it to be documented.

The report also stated Jackson denied hitting the woman. He was released at the scene.

Earlier this month, city officials said they were obtaining a special prosecutor to review the matter. 

In December, I-TEAM also requested the officers body camera video as well as the 911 call. Neither have been released yet.