HOCKING COUNTY, Ohio (WCMH) — Jaden Churchheus has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter for the death of Victoria Schafer on Sept. 2, 2019.
Schafer, a 44-year-old Chillicothe photographer, was struck and killed by a tree while she was near Old Man’s Cave on Sept. 2.
Churchheus and another teen, 16-year-old Jordan Buckley, were accused of pushing a section of a six-foot tree off a cliff at Hocking Hills on Labor Day in 2019.
Churchheus has been sentenced to a minimum of three years and a maximum of four and a half years for murder. The sentence was stayed and the case transferred to juvenile court for formal sentencing.
Time served has not yet been calculated.
Buckley remains in custody and awaits trial.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 993 new cases, 5 additional fatalities reported
- Sam’s Club launches 12 Days of Wine Advent Calendar
- President Trump to give update on national coronavirus testing plan
- New details: Joe Montana calls attempted kidnapping of infant grandchild scary
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years