“‘Cops’ is not on the Paramount Network and we don’t have any current or future plans for it to return,” a Paramount Network spokesperson told Fox Business right after announcing the cancellation.
Now, officials say the show will be returning and production is currently underway in Spokane County, Washington. The county has previously hosted the show.
“We have a longstanding relationship with ‘Cops’ and Langley productions, and we are pleased they have decided to return, highlighting the outstanding work our Deputies provide to all of you,” the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release.
The sheriff’s office says “Cops” film crews began riding with deputies last month and will continue to do so through the first week of November.
“Shows like ‘Cops’ highlight the work of law enforcement. They show, even for a few minutes, what the men and women out protecting our communities deal with day in and day out. People need to see how quickly things can turn, the decisions that need to be made quickly, and how well Deputies and Officers adjust and respond appropriately. They show the hard work and professionalism of law enforcement, despite what some anti-law enforcement activists and those in the media want you to believe,” added Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich.
A spokesperson for Langley Productions said the new episodes will not air in the U.S., according to FOX News. The episodes are reportedly being filmed to fulfill international television contract agreements.
Editor’s Note: This story has been updated to reflect that Langley Productions has resumed production of “Cops.” Paramount Network has canceled the show and will not air any additional episodes.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- COVID-19 funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day, FEMA says
- Showers continue Friday morning; snow flurries possible in some communities
- Police arrest hit-and-run suspect who allegedly struck, injured Stow officer
- Police release bodycam video from officer-involved shooting that left murder suspect dead
- 23-year-old claims $235M jackpot, becomes youngest Powerball winner in Florida history