CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Cleveland Browns were a part of making NFL history today when they took the field to play the Washington Football Team.
For the first time ever, a woman took part in coaching on both participating teams and also officiating the game.
On the Browns side there’s Callie Brownson, team chief of staff, while the Washington side has full-year intern Jennifer King. Sarah Thomas was the NFL official taking part in the game.
The Browns posted about the momentous occasion on its Twitter page:
And then Washington responded:
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Police: Florida man stole bulldozer, ran down Biden signs
- ‘We are blowing up the precedent’: Dems argue against vote to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- 14-year-old boy with Asperger syndrome beaten to death
- Orange and Brown digital show assesses Cleveland’s victory over the Bengals, OBJ’s injury
- Ohio surpasses 200,000 coronavirus cases, as 2,116 new cases reported Monday