CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Cleveland Browns were a part of making NFL history today when they took the field to play the Washington Football Team.
For the first time ever, a woman took part in coaching on both participating teams and also officiating the game.
On the Browns side there’s Callie Brownson, team chief of staff, while the Washington side has full-year intern Jennifer King. Sarah Thomas was the NFL official taking part in the game.
The Browns posted about the momentous occasion on its Twitter page:
And then Washington responded:
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Unvaccinated snow leopard at San Diego Zoo catches COVID-19
- Surfing for gold: Dependent on weather, defined by the ocean
- Ohio man accused of planning sorority killings denied release
- Over 100 motorcycles roll in with toys to benefit Cleveland Clinic pediatrics
- COVID-19 stays center stage at Tokyo Olympics